Saturday, October 6, 2007

First flight of many to come

Well, I have made it across the ocean, after 13 1/2 hours in a window seat of 3, I have finally straightened my legs to a vertical position. I started my journey on Friday, 10/5 in Portland, OR at 10:15pm. I landed in SF, CA, and departed SFO at 1:30am. I got on the plane where so many people were shuttling in like a heard of cattle onto the plane. It was stuffy, and so cramped, I miss the good 'ol days in business class. Now, I am just one of them...no special treatment, just another body crammed into the plane. Thank goodness I was not near the bathroom, that would have been a nightmare.

I am not sitting in a cafe in the HK airport waiting for my plane to depart to Jakarta Indonesia. I will arrive approximately 1pm Sunday, 10/7. Where did Saturday the 6th go?
I have an aisle seat the next flight, which is only 4 hours, that is a piece of cake. Only 12 more days, and I get to go home :)
I only have 11 more cities to go, 3 countries, and I will be on my way back to the US.
This is just the beginning of a long journey.
Chao for now...

1 comment:

Wes Coast said...

Wow. What an awesome beginning. What's with the bathroom on a long flight. Noise level? Stink? Pushing and shoving? Mile high clubs?

Have a good trip to Jakarta.

luv,
-wes